Monday, August 17, 2009

Marc Colin Chassagne Montrachet “Chenevottes” 2002 1er Cru:


After tasting the 2002 Marc Colin Chassagne Montrachet “Les Chenevottes” at the FunWithWine.com “The Rites of Summer: 2002 White Burgundy Tasting” I decided to share one of my own bottles with my family. I thought that the limestone and minerals would be a good match for the grilled halibut streaks I was preparing. This pairing really worked out. The wine’s expressive terroir, refined fruit with hints of flint and mineral were a nice contrast to the fresh halibut. The lime/citrus flavors along with subtle acidity helped to turbo charge the grilled flavors of the fish. Everyone at the table enjoyed the wine. I wish I would have had more then one bottle chilled. Thanks "Burgundy Bob" for hooking me up with the Marc Colin "Les Chenevottes"!

No comments:

Post a Comment